Monday, April 2, 2012

Look Mommy...No Hands!

Before I get to my card, I thought I'd share a picture from this weekend.  Marcel is getting a bit more daring on the playset!  He would let go of his hands for a second...and then grab pack on to the chains.  I love his face.    I'm sure he'll be flipping off the playset soon!  

This little man certainly keeps us in stitches.  Here are a few of his favorite sayings this day:
  • His favorite response when I say no thank you to him.  "Mommy, mommy, how about you just have a think about?  Okay mommy?"  He doesn't ever like to hear no and I if I still say no, "Mommy, mommy please."  As I'm typing this he's coming in asking if he can climb a tree...I said no thank you and now he's negotiating that our 12 year old neighbor can watch him... He's persistent!
  • When you say, "What's up Marcel?"  He also responds with "Good."  Cracks us up.  I think he thinks it is "How are you?" 
  • I asked Collin and Marcel if they wanted to go to a local Mexican restaurant.  "Mommy, I think El Picante is too classy for us."  His vocabulary cracks me up.  
  • He was talking to Pat about vacation.  "Daddy, I think we need to go to a resort like DisneyLand."  Hmmm...resort :)  If we aren't classy enough for El Picante, we certainly can't go to a resort!
Needless to say...he makes us smile a lot!



Now onto my card for this week's CASE Study Challenge.  I am officially addicted to CASEing Laura's cards.  All the negative dies are gorgeous on her card below.  I kept it very simple.  I love the sentiment from my Verve stamps for this card.  Hope you week gets off to a great start...I'm on the road for work this week, but have the week planned out on the old blog.
 

24 comments:

  1. Hahaha, all the cute things Marcel says!! :) And then the card, this is sooo sweet :) Love the colors, the chicks, and the houndstooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sweet! Love those birdie dies and that soft patterned paper in the background. :)

    And Marcel's face is hilarious in this picture! Love when you share his latest Marcel-isms. He's a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your story about Marcel! Too cute! I really like your card. I'm thinking about casing you for my stamp club! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card! Love the negative too! I have to try that more!
    My little guy cracks me up all the time too. He turns 3 in June; his new favourite saying when he doesn't want to do something is, "No mommy, I don't think that's a good idea!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how delicate your card looks...it's beautiful. Marcel is a funny guy...so glad you are recording these. Priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading about your boys, Lynn - brings back happy memories of my own. Marcel sounds like such a joy! Makes me smile!

    Love your beautiful card! The pretty background is perfect for those darling, little birds! Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable CASE! Lovely negative usage. Your boy is hilarious! I guess you're just not classy enough:) I feel like I live in a house full of people who never make sense, or am I just going crazy? Probably both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, those sweet little birds again!! I've tracked them down and think I need to order them! Do you have the matching stamp set? LOVE your CASE card...now that I see the dp on the bottom, I should have done that too. Love that dp!! LOL, you are right, your post made me laugh. I like the "just think about it" and "too classy." I'm so glad you are writing these down!! Precious memories :) Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mama bird and baby bird in the negative die cut. Marcel is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha I so enjoyed what your Marcel says to you! :> So funny! :> Also I am going to add thank you to the end of my nos! Love your card, soooo pretty and soft! Love those birds! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is absolutely darling, Lynn! LOVE that gingham, and Marcel is a doll :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What classic material Marcel has. This is perfect documentation for Project Life! I was reading some of his lines to my kids and they got some laughs! He sure is a cutie! How do you keep a straight face?
    Your card is amazing! I love the dp you chose and the openess of the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hee! Your little man is such a cutie and so funny - he'd have me in stitches too!
    Oooh rockin' the negative die cuts on this card, Lynn! I adore those birdies...I need 'em don't I?! ;D
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study!
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved reading Marcel's sayings. So cute! Great card too. Once again I've missed so many of your posts. We were in Nashville for Nationals this weekend. Our show choir did great. They came in second:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh from the mouths of little ones...oops, I mean big boys! Love your card and the sweet die cuts in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adore this, just precious! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so nice to read about your son, he even makes me laugh :)

    Your card is soooooo sweeet! I love the birds, layering and background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so very soft & sweet! Congrats on the Case Study Top 3! And so fun to read Marcel's comments. I need to do a better job of recording my daughter's funny remarks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, congrats on your win over at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my this is simply sweet Lynn the cute birdies sit perfectly in the aperture :0)
    What a little character Marcel is, all these phrases will be great to run by him when he's older :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet, sweet card! Beautiful sentiment too!

    Marcel sounds like a fun kid:) I loved reading all your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hee hee, marcel is too cute.

    Another amazing card dearie. LOVE the use of the negative space.

    ReplyDelete